Nowadays, headphones play a very important role in people’s daily life. If you are thinking about buying a new pair, first of all, you need to decide on the type of device. What to choose — headphones or a headset? Read this simple guide and find out which works best for you.
Headphones are a pair of speakers that are primarily designed for listening to music.
A headset is an accessory that can not only reproduce sound but also provide communication between people. It is especially convenient when using phones since you do not need to put the device to your ear to communicate.
- The main difference between the headset is the presence of a microphone, which the headphones don’t have.
- The headset has multiple switches for ease of use
- The goals for creating accessories are different: headphones — for listening to music, and a headset — for transmitting and receiving sounds during a call.
- Manufacturers focus on different elements: headset — on the sensitivity of the microphone, the headphones — on the quality of reproduction.
Headphones perfect for you if:
- The key task of the device is listening to music, then headphones are suitable for you, not the headset. Playing music through headphones will undoubtedly give better sound quality, as manufacturers focus on creating speakers.
- A headset with a microphone on the outside takes up much more space than headphones. Therefore, if compactness is your priority, headphones are the best choice for you.
Headset perfect for you if:
- You play a lot of multiplayer games and like the convenience of the built-in microphone, then the headset is the best choice for you.
- Headphones are needed not only for entertainment but also for video conferencing, then the option with a microphone is also a good choice. There are models with built-in and detachable microphones. The latter is suitable for users who rarely communicate online.
🧐 What is the main difference between headphones and a headset?
Comparing these accessories, the main difference is that the headphones help to reproduce sound quality, while the headset is mainly used for communication.
🎧 What are headsets used for?
A headset is a device that allows the user to talk and listen. Headsets are commonly used in business, during conferences, and in technical support and customer service centers. Often the headset is bought by users who play multiplayer games to communicate with the players.
❓ Should I get a headset or headphones?
If you’re looking for sound quality, headphones are the best choice. A headset will not sound so good as headphones. On the other hand, if you play multiplayer games or use a conference device, a headset is definitely your choice.
🔄 Can I use my headphones as a headset?
Although the headphones don’t have a microphone, you can purchase a headphone attachment. It has a built-in microphone that easily turns your headphones into a headset.