Many people, after buying a mouse, do not see any need for cleaning and proper care. But it should be noted that if you do not perform cleaning, the mouse response will be lower, which will lead to numerous bugs and glitches, including in computer games. Our article describes in detail how to easily clean the mouse from dust and dirt.
What you need:
- Microfiber cloth or Q-tip. These tools clean the mouse well from the dirt. Microfiber cloth is always better as it leaves no fibers, but a Q-tip is good for hard-to-reach places.
- Isopropyl alcohol/PC wipes. Isopropyl alcohol is the best option for disinfection. But if you have sanitizing PC wipes, it can also help with cleaning.
- Dry cloth — suitable for wiping the dust from the mouse.
- Toothpicks. Another great tool for cleaning out device crevices.
The step-by-step guide on mouse cleaning
Step 1. Wipe the entire mouse with a dry cloth.
This is to remove dust from the outside of the mouse. If it is sticky, moisten a cloth with a little Isopropyl alcohol or wipe it with a disinfectant wipe.
Step 2. Use a toothpick to remove dirt in crevices and hard-to-reach places of the device.
Pay special attention to the mouse buttons. This will help remove dirt and small particles that are preventing you from fully pressing the buttons.
Step 3. Turn the mouse over and remove the dirt.
First, use a toothpick to remove the dirt. Then moisten a Q-tip with alcohol and wipe dusty and dirty places. Gently wipe the mouse sensor, but try not to apply pressure to it, just lightly clean it with a Q-tip.
Step 4. Let the mouse dry.
After the performed manipulations, let the alcohol dry, it will take no more than a couple of minutes. Excess moisture can be removed with a microfiber cloth.
Step 5. Remove the top of the mouse.
This step will depend on your device model. On some models, the top simply lifts and retreats slightly, while on others — the screw needs to be removed. Just check your mouse manual or the model information on the internet.
Step 6. Clean the inside of the mouse.
Apply a little Isopropyl alcohol to a Q-tip or cloth and wipe the interior to remove dirt and dust.
Step 7. Assemble the mouse after it is dry.
After 5-10 minutes, after drying, reassemble the mouse and check its performance.
What not to do when cleaning mouse
To make everything go without breakdowns, it is enough to follow the following rules:
- Don’t use too much force.
- Try to keep water and dust away from the microcircuits inside the mouse.
- Let the parts dry before starting work again.
- When disassembling the device, put the screws in a safe place to avoid loss.
- Do not clean the mouse with a sharp object (needle) to avoid damaging the device.
After purchasing your mouse, clean it regularly so that it does not deteriorate promptly. By following these recommendations, you can easily clean the mouse without much effort.
⏰ How often should I clean my mouse?
Since the mouse is a device that we use every day, it is recommended to clean it once a month or two, depending on how dirty it is.
🧽 What tools do I need to clean my mouse?
- Microfiber cloth or Q-tip
- Isopropyl alcohol/PC wipes
- Dry cloth
In some cases, you also need a screwdriver to remove the upper part of the mouse.
🤔 How to remove the upper part of the mouse?
It will depend on your device model. On some models, the top simply lifts and retreats slightly, while on others — the screw needs to be removed.
❓ Can I clean my mouse with rubbing alcohol?
For safe cleaning of the device, you can use an isopropyl alcohol solution. Apply the solution to a Q-tip or soft cloth, preferably microfiber, and clean the mouse.